Oct 19, 2021 in Career Coaching
WHY I AM NEVER HAPPY WITH ANY JOB?
Tips and exercise, to overcome the loop of never liking any job. Breaking news it is all about you! Food for thought!
Suggested topicsFollow these topics to stay updated
Why am I never happy in any job? Did this question pops up to you often?
Are you constantly complaining about your work? Do you change jobs often, but you still feel unfulfilled?
Between my clients, I see many people who change careers or jobs very often, but they still feel unhappy or unfulfilled.
I am sorry to break it to you; the problem is not the career or work, the problem is YOU! I know hearing that is not pleasant, but it is the truth.
I would love to have a pill or magic tips or advice to change other people behaviours, but I don’t, and as much info you read online, as many coaches you follow and post you save with exercises, the work need to be done by you.
Commitment and inner-work are complicated; that’s why I encourage all the people that can afford it to hire a coach, mentor or an expert on the topic they are struggling with. And make sure that is the topic to work on.
And this is not bullshit for you to buy products or programs. Sadly! It is the ugly truth. Sometimes, if we are so stuck and see ourselves repeating patterns repeatedly, it is time to ask for help if we want to fix it, once and for all, and move on.
I want to share four tips that can help you to identify the pattern if you are never happy with any job:
- Make a list of all the jobs you had: This exercise will help you determine what you are repeating none stop. You will make a list of all the jobs you had and do two columns Positive and Negative about the role.
- Make a list of all the jobs you think you would like to do: You will research the job adverts you find and take note of the ones you would like and the skills you need.
- Make a list of your skills: Here, you will list your hard and soft skills. And you will match it with the skills of the desired jobs. Any skills you miss? Please take note of them.
- Revise your fulfilment out of work: This step is crucial because we tend to blame other stuff to avoid looking at the fundamental things that need attention. Here is my question to you:
From 0-10, how happy you are with your life if we take off work from the picture?
I need your honest answer now; I have given you four tips to deal with this problem. But I need your honesty with yourself. Are you ever done any inner-work before you started looking for other jobs?
Do you always assume that it is the workplace fault?Being happy at your job ultimately is your reponsability, taking the necessary action whatever it is.
- You have horrible bosses.
- Your colleagues are beyond stupid and toxic.
- You do not have any motivation to go to that place.
- You want to do more, but there is no opportunity.
As you can see in all that thoughts, the common denomination is You. Because even all that is true, and it is happening, and the job is the problem.
You cannot just jump to another without digging deeper into what you do not want to repeat, and remember, we cannot change other behaviours or actions; we only can control what we do ourselves. And take action on that.
Now, it is time to be brutally honest with yourself, have a thought on it, and start to work on the four tips I gave you above because I have more questions for you after you have done this work (not before).
I got for more questions for you to reply to after you finish with the work above:
- Is my job/career aligned with my values? It’s essential, and we need to consider that if you are a person who does inner-work and is out of the comfort zone often, your values will be changing as you change. If you never check your values, and you do not know what I am talking about, I recommend you check that before looking for any other job. I got a freebie that you can download to discover that here.
- Am I getting closer to my career vision? You should have a career vision; since you last revised it, did that vision changed? Are you closer or far from it? If you do not know what I am talking about, go to my blog about your career mission in the making.
- This job/career allows me to execute my mission? Are you working on your mission? Do you know your mission? It is essential because that moves us to do things that align with who we are. If you do not know your career mission yet, go here to work on it.
- Why am I doing this job? This link with the first question about values, your values are your motivation to do whatever you are doing now.
I left you enough food for thought and work to take action this week.
If you can and feel like it, I will love you to share with me in the comments of this blog or in my Instagram account if you do that exercises. And what do you have discovered about never being happy at any job.
I create a free guide to discover your blocks when you are about to change and find your core values. Don’t delay it more. Download my guide and take the first step today into your heart-led career change.
If you are committed to making this career change and doing the inner work, instead of hop from job to job without knowledge and strategy, it looks like you are not getting anywhere by yourself, and you realize you feel stuck and need someone to help you get through it. So let’s have a free vibe call! I got you!
Life is happening right now, and time is the only thing we will never get back, to lose it in a job where we spent most of our time that we hate. Let’s design your Heart-led Career Change together right now!
Follow me on IG @joanallassescoach for more tips and advice!