Can a Career Coach Help You Find a Job?
Did you know that a Career Coach will increase your opportunity of being offered employment, by 65%
I know that one of the hardest steps for a job seeker is to determine if a Career Coach will make a difference, especially when not earning a paycheck or when you are experiencing financial difficulties.
It seems counterintuitive to spend money at the precise time when you need to be saving it. So, instead you push forward on your own hoping things will work out, and get frustrated and drained if they don’t.
Do I need a Career Coach?
Did you know that a Career Coach will increase your opportunity of being offered employment, by 65% ?.
You’ve likely used a Professional Resume Writer to create your new cv and now you are wondering why you have had no success in applying for positions. A Career Coach declutters your job search and gets you out of the maze.
Maybe you are wondering if it is even necessary!
So in this second installment, I’m going to tell you everything you need to understand about working with Career Coaches who specialize in Interview Coaching, Salary Negotiation Coaching, and Job search Coaching.
Career Coaches and You:
Your resume IS critical to standing out but you’ve got to get an employer to see it first. Once you get in the door, you’ve got to be able to sell yourself, negotiate the offer, and avoid critical mistakes that could cost you the offer. But I don’t want to overwhelm you so let’s take it one step at a time.
Spend a few moments online and it can be extremely exciting to see just how many jobs you appear to match. It seems like once you have a great resume it should be easy to get the interviews you want. It’s important that you don’t let this lull you into a false sense of security. When did you last receive feedback or even an invitation for an interview from a Recruiter? A Career Coach never leaves you stranded in the how-to of hidden jobs. We help you every step of the way!
Job search (and interviewing) strategy are the engine required to power your resume. You could literally be the most qualified candidate on earth for the target position. But if you can’t get it to the decision maker, it won’t work for you.
Consider these facts:
- 80% of all jobs are never advertised.
- 60% of Jobs advertised on Job Portals or search engines are not real.
- Many job postings you see online may never result in an interview.
It can be extremely discouraging and make it easy for you to doubt yourself.
So why does this happen?
There are a few factors such as:
- Employer is just testing the market with their job post to see what the applicant pool looks like.
- Employer is posting to job boards to fulfill EEO requirements even though they have an internal applicant selected.
- Employer becomes overwhelmed by volume of applicants and goes a different direction.
- Employer experiences changes that makes them stop the process.
- Employer receives a direct inquiry through networking that fits the position and helps them avoid wading through the applicants.
- Employer avoids posting altogether and searches for someone through different channels.
Let’s face it, without strategy and instruction the online job market will take you on a merry ride. And, this doesn’t even take into consideration issues of your online identity and whether it is non-existent, helpful, or harmful. There are so many moving pieces to a job search that can totally overwhelm and distress you.
A Career Coach gets you off of the endless job search hamster wheel. We want to get you off (and keep you off) that merry-go-round!
When you work with a qualified Career Coach who specializes in job search strategy, you don’t ever have to get discouraged or start feeling overwhelmed. You won’t be going round and round wondering why the phone isn’t ringing.
Your Career Coach can help you to:
- Stop wasting time on ineffective job search methods that have little return for your effort.
- Understand your options for effective, targeted job search so you do it right the first time and don’t miss out on JOB opportunities.
- Identify opportunities that never get posted or target the creation of a position for you.
- Recognize the value of networking and how to make it painless.
- Establish or clean up your online identity and social strategy to reach employers through different channels.
- Understand agencies, recruiters, and direct application methods.
- Most importantly, your Career Coach can help you shave a tremendous amount of time off your job search so you land at the interview and the offer in record time.
A Career Coach will save you time, money and stress by helping you do it right. Further, time is money in your job search.
If the average job search without professional assistance takes between 3 to 12 months, you could be in dire straits by the time you land your next position when you go at it alone. When stress rises from financial fear, this can affect your job search and interview positioning. Your livelihood is not something you want to play roulette with!
Sometimes it helps to see this in perspective.
When I work with new clients, I always remind them, you invest in yourself when you have a Career Coach guiding and assisting you in the right direction. Isn’t it worth spending between R1500-00 and R2500-00, to effectively market yourself and land a job in your field? The statistics shows that job seekers who invested in professional, strategic assistance from a Career Coach have an 80-100% success rate.
A Career Coach will help you to dramatically accelerate your search, remove the stress, and help you get interviews for the jobs you want.
A Career Coach helps you define and stand out from the competition, by providing assistance to help prepare you before the Interviewing & Salary Negotiation
The words I fear to hear from job seekers is, “I’m a pretty good talker so I’ll just give it a shot and if it doesn’t work out, I’ll work with you then.”
Even if you sell professionally for a living, you likely don’t know how to sell yourself in the best light for a job.
There is so much that can go wrong, such as:
- Your answers are too generic
- Your questions are selfish and don’t demonstrate interest in the position.
- You fail to stand out from the other candidates.
- You aren’t dressed for the company culture.
- You don’t know how to negotiate and lose an offer early (or take an offer too low).
- You don’t know how to follow up to salvage an interview gone wrong.
- Interviewing is an uneven playing field!
A Career Coach gives you tools to win on an uneven playing field. You rarely get to see your competitors perform so you have no idea what you are up against.
A Career Coach puts you into a position of POWER to flow through your interviews with success.
You get to negotiate offers and decide whether to turn them down.
You know you have the skill to win this unbalanced game!
I have worked with thousands of Job seekers over the past 15 + years helping them find jobs successfully and reinvent their lives. I would love to do the same for you.
I am a serial Entrepreneur and a Life, Career and Business Coach. I started my first Recruitment Agency over 18 years ago.
If you would like to receive “Discovering My Life Purpose Course”, Training Module1, for FREE, kindly let me know.
Examples of types of goals my clients have set:
- The power of meditation
- Finding Employment
- Starting a new Job
- Staring a new Business
- Finding new clients
- Striving to find balance in life after burnout
- Personal growth
- Deciding on your spirituality
- The power of stillness and going within
- Accepting myself for exactly who I am (increasing self-worth)