How to choose different business options as a musician
How to choose different business options as a musician, and focus
How to choose different business options, and focus -
The Dream & Generating Funds
Option A: The dream, the passion: Solo Musician:
- Compose a large portfolio of music
- Make each recorded improvisation immediately available for purchase / streaming / video via youtube and vimeo
- License music to companies
- Collaborate with successful artists, starting with friends, building the network outwards.
- To demonstrate the beauty of the instrument and how easy it can be to express yourself with it.
- Enable as many people as possible to hear the music and enjoy it.
Option B: The company to generate funds more imediately: Online teaching platform
- Connect with musicians around the world and improve their skills to write the best music they can (empower them)
- Change to hi-end paying pupils
- Offer live online lessons to groups of people
- Record online lessons and create a course for sale
- Expand your knowledge, level and range of abilities
- Advertise on tutoring websites with high end hourly rates
- Create pre recorded course
- Do 2nd live course and develop platform for regular courses
- Create packages of lessons: gold, silver, bronze which show as clear attractive options on a landing page
- Podcasts - e.g. learn music theory whilst driving/waiting for the bus/on a train
Divide your week into how much spare time you have, choose 1 (if you already have an income stream), or both of these options, and allocate hours accordingly.
You may also like
WikiExpert | 03 November
Henry Dingle | 20 November