Jan 18, 2022 in Career Coaching
How Inner-Work can get you a payrise?
A blog on how your inner-work can help you in get a much better salary.
How do I fix a marriage after cheating??
My husband of 5 years has cheated on me. I'm heartbroken. Can I fix our marriage?? Is there hope for us?? Will things get better? Please help
Am I over reacting? Am I the one in the wrong no him
Ok I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and he denied cheating on me but everything points to the opposite he's gone to spend the night with his baby moma and her kids in a hotel he rated me put to her when I called the cops on her for her vandalizing my car he would defend her when I would bring thing up about her and he has a video of her playing with her self am I wrong for being mad?
We both have insecurities and trust issues due to past relationships... So, there's the back and forth accusations, yelling, name calling, etc. We are both extremely jealous and have no communication skills. We love each other but sometimes Love isn't enough to make someone understand that you aren't going to hurt them. How can we help each other overcome these issues?
Idk what to do
My boyfriend and I have been fighting because he found some old messages that I had when we started going out, the messages are not bad the conversations where just like hi and bye kind of thing but because I told him I wasn't talking to anyone he's mad but da whole time he was still hanging out with his baby momma behind my back and he would delete all his messages to her so I wouldn't see them
Lost and confused at a crossroads
My boyfriend and I have been together for seven years now. We have had a very tumultuous relationship both of us have hurt each other very much on each parts. But he’s done a lot more wrong it has no accountability. But my question is how do you handle it because anytime I try to talk to him about anything he automatically yells at me, deflects, accuse me of cheating. How do you go about handling
How can I get my teen to confide in me
I've been trying to get my son to confide in me about why he is feeling so depressed. He is 15 years old and a very good teen but have no idea why he is so withdrawn and quiet. Please help me I cant bear to see him like this
What do I do?
I'm not sure what to do. Recently separated mom with 2 young girls and pregnant with my 3rd.
I took my son's Ipad away because I'm at my wit's end with him.
He is so addicted and doesn’t want to do anything else. Can anyone tell me whether I did the right thing or am I being too harsh?
It's 3 y I divorced and we have shared custody of 2 lovely kids. Any advice on how to make them understand that divorced parents is ok?
What should I do?
My son is acting out in school and giving people the middle finger and running around and hitting when he is restrained and he also has speech apraxia and may have ADHD
I always insist and talk on the inner-work; my Heart-led Career Change Program has a lot of inner-work. Today I want to explain how Inner-work can get you a pay rise.
If we talk about “success”, I know for many people, success is tied to how much they earn or their job title.
My own definition for success is knowing myself and being authentic and confident that I can achieve everything I want. This belief and attitude are possible because of the inner work I’ve been doing for many years that brought me here.
Inner-work is what can help to our confidence, our self-esteem, and to our self-worth. And self-worth influences our salary on a 70% basis.
I know that now, you will think…
Joana, my boss, my company, their decisions have nothing to do with me. That’s probably true! But if you know your self-worth, you will be much more able to put specific topics and have talks when needed.
On the other hand, you will be able to walk away when you see no more growth in the role or feel that what you bring to that company is not valued enough.
Join our support communities and see what helped others like you. It's FREE!
Now, at the question How Inner-Work can get you a pay rise? I will give you seven undeniable facts that can be a game-changer to get a better salary.
- Vision – If you have a clear vision, where do you want to be in five years. What do you want to earn, and what kind of salary do you need to be happy. Then automatically, you will know if you are in the right place or not.
- Speak up – You won’t be afraid to go to your boss and ask the questions that you need to ask. Create a plan together for you to get that pay rise, promotion, bonus, or whatever is that you want more.
- Be proactive – When you know what you bring to the table. Your skills, your vision. You are not afraid to propose ideas, better ways to work, show your value, and get what you want.
- Self-talk – You are aware of your self-talk. Phrases like “I am not good enough…”, ” I will never be able to get that…”, ” other people are better than me…”, ” I can’t do this…”
Remember that the person determining your value and self-worth is you, not anyone around you.
- Perfectionism – Perfectionism is a sign of insecurity. Come from fear of failure, fear of making mistakes. With that comes the tendency to overwork ourselves and have difficulty saying no. The need to be portrayed as the perfect employer. So we tend to not speak up for ourselves.
- Comparison – You keep comparing yourself with other team members. You get mad and jealous when they get raises or promotions. Remember that everyone has their own unique skills; what difference can you bring to the table? Be honest to yourself; do you know them? If you don’t, how others can?
- Resigning – When you do your inner work, you will quit your job when the time comes. When the job is not serving your purpose and vision. Sometimes is no other way. Being patient won’t solve your situation; you can wait a period, but when you overstay in a job, let’s be honest! It’s fear!
These seven facts will be key to getting a pay rise or the kind of salary you want.
Here I will give you 4 questions to journal about your self-worth:
- How confident do I feel asking for what I want at work?
- How do I feel when other colleagues get recognition for their work?
- How do I talk to myself in regards to my career goals?
- Do I have a clear vision? Am I taking the proper steps to get there?
I want to share one of my favourite quotes about this:
“It does not matter if thousand people believe in you unless you believe in you.”
If you think you need help boosting your self-esteem, your self-worth, and you are struggling to improve your career situation. I have three ways that I can help you:
On 31/1/2021, I will have a weekly email mini-course about preparing for a career change; click here to subscribe. And with that, you will receive my guide to make changes; on this guide, you can discover your values and where your blocks are in terms of change.
Book a 90 minutes brainstorming call to set an immediate action plan to assess what you need to make that career change happen. Book here.
If you are committed to making this career change and doing the inner work. Instead of freaking out and convincing yourself to stay safe but not grow, it looks like you are not getting anywhere by yourself. You realize you feel stuck and need someone to help you get through it. So let’s have a free vibe call! I got you!
Life is happening right now, and time is the only thing we will never get back, to lose it in a job where we spent most of our time that we hate.
Let’s design your Heart-led Career Change together right now!