Nov 8, 2021 in Career Coaching
A Career Change does not mean starting over.
Four facts that proves that a career Change does not mean starting over.
How do I fix a marriage after cheating??
My husband of 5 years has cheated on me. I'm heartbroken. Can I fix our marriage?? Is there hope for us?? Will things get better? Please help
Am I over reacting? Am I the one in the wrong no him
Ok I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and he denied cheating on me but everything points to the opposite he's gone to spend the night with his baby moma and her kids in a hotel he rated me put to her when I called the cops on her for her vandalizing my car he would defend her when I would bring thing up about her and he has a video of her playing with her self am I wrong for being mad?
We both have insecurities and trust issues due to past relationships... So, there's the back and forth accusations, yelling, name calling, etc. We are both extremely jealous and have no communication skills. We love each other but sometimes Love isn't enough to make someone understand that you aren't going to hurt them. How can we help each other overcome these issues?
Idk what to do
My boyfriend and I have been fighting because he found some old messages that I had when we started going out, the messages are not bad the conversations where just like hi and bye kind of thing but because I told him I wasn't talking to anyone he's mad but da whole time he was still hanging out with his baby momma behind my back and he would delete all his messages to her so I wouldn't see them
Lost and confused at a crossroads
My boyfriend and I have been together for seven years now. We have had a very tumultuous relationship both of us have hurt each other very much on each parts. But he’s done a lot more wrong it has no accountability. But my question is how do you handle it because anytime I try to talk to him about anything he automatically yells at me, deflects, accuse me of cheating. How do you go about handling
How can I get my teen to confide in me
I've been trying to get my son to confide in me about why he is feeling so depressed. He is 15 years old and a very good teen but have no idea why he is so withdrawn and quiet. Please help me I cant bear to see him like this
What do I do?
I'm not sure what to do. Recently separated mom with 2 young girls and pregnant with my 3rd.
I took my son's Ipad away because I'm at my wit's end with him.
He is so addicted and doesn’t want to do anything else. Can anyone tell me whether I did the right thing or am I being too harsh?
It's 3 y I divorced and we have shared custody of 2 lovely kids. Any advice on how to make them understand that divorced parents is ok?
What should I do?
My son is acting out in school and giving people the middle finger and running around and hitting when he is restrained and he also has speech apraxia and may have ADHD
Are you wondering How to make a career change without starting over? One of the reasons why you aren’t doing it is because of a pay cut?
I am sure those are two of the primary reasons that make you hesitate about your career change.
I know very well because I’ve been there before, with the same thoughts and limiting beliefs, just because I haven’t the knowledge and the proof I have today as a career change.
Going back to 2011, where I left my first job just because I didn’t like it, and it bored me to death. I quit to take a gap a year because the truth is I had no idea what I would do or even what I wanted to do.
The only sure thing is I was about to travel 8000 miles, to the other side of the world, for a year, and I was about to take some volunteer job. So the fear of starting over from zero was not low.
If you want to check how I did it, go to the blog where I tell you all here.
And I thought the same, the difference is the excitement was bigger than the fear, so I did it. I follow my motto. Whatever it takes to be happy.
Join our support communities and see what helped others like you. It's FREE!
I wish in 2011 someone shared these four facts with me:
1. Change without taking a pay cut is possible: The secret here is to focus and your unique brand. Know your worth, your skills, your unique ways to do things. What is your difference in front of the crowd? And believe it or not, everyone has it.
The difference between those who know to those who don’t; is the inner work they do and a clear career vision.
2. Every skill is transferable: Your strengths, knowledge and experience are everything here. Most job posts are a “wishlist.” Starting with the education that nowadays is easily surpassed by work experience. Going through years of experience, it will be easily beat by the right skills. And ending with specific “systems” knowledge that can be quickly sold with the suitable beginner’s mindset.
3. Your personal history has incalculable VALUE: Telling your story and connecting the dots is the best cover letter you will ever have. After my Gap year, when I went on Interviews, all my interviewers were interested in was my gap year, which I thought would penalize me in the long run. It was my difference and highlight. And by that, I don’t mean let’s everyone do a gap year. But how you face life, and how you handle your opportunities and make the best of them. It tells a lot about your personality.
Everyone wants people in their teams that are about to go the extra mile. And you do not need an impressive CV to show it. With your own relevant life experiences, you can show it.
4. The Beginner’s Mindset is vital: I didn’t meet any career changer that does not start saying they are bored with their job or are tired of doing the same repeatedly. But then they are scared of the challenge and learning new stuff. Isn’t that the whole point about it? When you start a new career/job, it is essential to have an open attitude. Be eager and lack preconceptions, which will have massive value for your new company. Your fresh eyes, and views about things, will be tremendously valuable, even you do not see it now.
All that are the proof, that you are not starting over.
Owning those facts helped me massively in my other career changes. Owning that truth helps to take ownership of your career as your project (check here if you want to know more about this). And understand that you are never really starting over in anything, ever!
But knowing those facts is not the same as owning it; to own something, you need to make it yours and believe it. And our minds trick us most of the time, with our limiting beliefs and our imposter’s.
Ironically, we are terrified to shine and fail, with the same amount of fear!
How to challenge those thoughts to believe and see the four facts that I just mention with perspective, well, I won’t ever be tired of repeating it INNER-WORK! But you can start with those four questions:
- How well do I know the brand that is myself?
- How my strengths, knowledge and experience can support me in this new path?
- Does anything on my personal history difference me from the crowd?
- From 1-10, where I am with taking a challenge?
If you want to start working on yourself, find a job where you can really deliver value, grow, and execute your purpose; what are you waiting for?
I got a free guide to identify your blocks and discover your core values, to start that process of inner-work. Take the first step today and Download my guide into your heart-led career change.
If you want to comitt to making this career change and doing the inner work. Instead of freaking out and convincing yourself to stay safe but not growing, and it looks like you are not getting anywhere by yourself. You realize you feel stuck and need someone to help you get through it. So let’s have a free vibe call! I got you!
Life is happening right now, and time is the only thing we will never get back, to lose it in a job where we spent most of our time that we hate.
Let’s design your Heart-led Career Change together right now!