The Applicant Tracking System is preventing you from finding a Job successfully.
A Career Coach can help you find work successfully.
My objective is to help you to find work and it starts with your CV, the information on Job Portals and on LinkedIn.
I hope you understand that no human eye sees your CV until your CV passes the ATS requirements.
Your career history, your accomplishments, your skills means nothing to you, unless a Recruiter are able to view your CV. Top Candidates like yourself do slip through the system and positions has been offered to candidates who are less qualified than you because of the Applicant Tracking System.
ATS (APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM) :
If you think the first obstacle to getting a job interview is a Recruiter’s judgment, you’re not seeing the whole picture. 99% of Recruiters search for Candidates on Job Portals, Search Engines and on LinkedIn.
Your CV is not seen by a human eye, unless your CV passes the ATS (Applicant Tracking System). If your CV doesn’t pass the ATS System, you are not visible, Recruiters can’t find your CV and you will not be invited for job interviews.
1. What are Applicant Tracking Systems?
Applicant tracking system software provides recruiting and hiring tools for companies. Among other functions, these systems collect and sort through thousands of CV’s.
When you apply for a job online, your CV isn’t typically going directly to a recruiter or hiring manager. It’s first being processed by an ATS. Whether that human Recruiter ever sees your CV could depend on how well your CV is optimized for ATS algorithms.
2. Why do Recruiters and Employers use Applicant Tracking Systems:
Recruiters and Employers hire for several jobs at a time and receive hundreds of CV’s for any given opening. Because applying for a job online is easier than ever, many of these applicants are unqualified and figured “it was worth a try.”
Applicant tracking systems keep all these CV’s in one place, helping Recruiters and hiring Managers stay organized as well as EEOC compliant. In theory, these systems also save time by automatically surfacing and highlighting top candidates. In reality, the ATS do help hiring professionals narrow their applicant pool, but top candidates slip through the cracks.
3. Applicant tracking systems are used on all Job Portals, Search Engines and on LinkedIn, across the Globe.
There are dozens of different ATS, each with their own features, strengths, weaknesses, and quirks. Here are just a few of the top ATS: Taleo, Brassing, SmartRecruiters, Workday, JazzHR, SuccessFactoes, Greenhouse, Jobvite ,Lever, CATS, BambooHR
If you’re applying to a large Organization, chances are you’ll face an ATS. If you’re applying through any online form, you’re applying through an ATS. Even job sites like Indeed, Pnet, Executive Placements, JobsRSA, SEEK, Careers24, Jobvine and LinkedIn have their own built in ATS.
4. How applicant tracking systems work:
Applicant tracking systems collect and store CV’s in a database for Recruiters and hiring professionals to access. CV’s may also be stored long after the original job you applied for is filled. Recruiters or hiring Managers can then search and sort through the CV’s in a number of ways, depending on the system they’re using.
5. Viewing your Job Application:
If your CV passes the ATS system, you only have 6 seconds to make a good first impression. Recruiters will take a quick glance at the applicant’s age, skills, past highlights, job titles, and companies. If you are over 50, you will not be contacted for Permanent Jobs. Make sure you have a Contract CV. Read more about this on Jobs Worldwide or watch the career advice videos to help you land a job. www.jobsworldwide.biz
6. Automatic Rankings:
Some applicant tracking systems can automatically compare your CV to the job description. For example, Taleo calls this feature “Reg Rank” which ranks each applicant based on how well their CV scores based on the job description. If your score is low, your CV is rejected. The ATS use “Key Words” that are Job related to search for candidates. You need those specific Key Words on your CV, so that your Rank is high and your CV is then picked up and listed as a good match for the Job available.
Instead of reviewing each and every application, the Recruiter can focus squarely on candidates the ATS has identified as a great match.
7. Keyword Searches:
When a Recruiters has a Job available, they will search for candidates on Job Portals, LinkedIn and Search Engines, by using specific “Key Words”.
Anyone that doesn’t have the required Key Words in their CV is automatically rejected by the ATS.
8. CV formatting makes a huge difference in Applicant Tracking Systems:
When you upload your CV on to Job Portals, Search Engines or LinkedIn, and your CV doesn’t meet the basic requirements of the ATS , Recruiter will not be able to find your CV.
9. How to beat applicant tracking systems: It is impossible to beat the ATS. Getting past an ATS and landing a job interview requires a well-written CV that is mindful of the ATS algorithms.
Take some of the stress out of your job search and hire a professional Career Coach / CV Rewriter.
My CV Rewrite Company has helped over 400,000 professionals land more interviews and get hired faster.
I am a serial Entrepreneur & Life and Business Coach. I started my first Recruitment Agency over 18 years ago.
I work with clients across the globe telephonically or on Skype.I have worked with thousands of people over the past 15 + years helping them reinvent their lives.
How can a Life and Business Coach help you ?A life and business coach help you by offering an external, objective and constructive perspective of your situation so that you know exactly what needs to be done to find work successfully.
Whether you're looking for part-time work or full time work, a life and business coach works with you personally, by assisting you to construct write and optimise your CV and Cover Letter to offer you the best possible chances of getting that all-important interview.
Coaching Sessions Include:
Guidance, advice and direction until you find work successfully.Emotional support and assistance throughout the process.
Free CV Review
Scan your CV on The Applicant Tracking System to ensure your CV is picked up by Recruiters or Employers on Job Portals.
Help you identify Job Posts Scams on Job Portals and on LinkedIn. This will save you not only from becoming extremely frustrated, but also from wasting your time and energy on positions that don’t exist.
Provide you with a list of the Top 20 Job Portals to load your CV on.
The video’s below are included in my coaching fee. Video Links:
- Help you with Job Search Strategies and Techniques - How To MASTER Your Job Search
- How to find Online jobs in South Africa and Internationally
- How To Use LinkedIn To Find A Job.
- COVID-19 Jobs - Industries HIRING During The CORONAVIRUS Outbreak.
- How To Apply For A Job Online (And ACTUALLY Get An Interview).
- Critical advice on finding jobs when you are over 50 and 60, creating your own brand.
- 20 Career paths for over 50’s .
- 10 Career paths for over 60’
- How to overcome age discrimination in an interview.
- 3 Instant death statements for job seekers over 50.
- How to pass a panel Interview successfully.
- How to answer, what is your expected salary?
- How do I negotiate a higher salary ?
- Executive Job Interviews, keys to getting a Senior Role.
- Executive Interview, 12 steps how to win the job.
- CEO Interview guidance and tips for Executive Jobs.
- Body language of Leaders/ Senior Positions.
- What you need to ask the Hiring Manager.
- Second Job Interview Tips.
- How to answer what is your Leadership Style.
- How to pass a panel Interview successfully.
- 12 strategies to succeed in Executive Job Interviews.