Mar 20, 2020 in Business Coaching
Success Factors for Heavy Engineering Manufacturing Industry
The article describes the basic requirements to meet success in any heavy engineering manufacturing or EPC industry.
It's your turn now! Let's support each other by clicking "Helpful".
How do I fix a marriage after cheating??
My husband of 5 years has cheated on me. I'm heartbroken. Can I fix our marriage?? Is there hope for us?? Will things get better? Please help
Am I over reacting? Am I the one in the wrong no him
Ok I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and he denied cheating on me but everything points to the opposite he's gone to spend the night with his baby moma and her kids in a hotel he rated me put to her when I called the cops on her for her vandalizing my car he would defend her when I would bring thing up about her and he has a video of her playing with her self am I wrong for being mad?
We both have insecurities and trust issues due to past relationships... So, there's the back and forth accusations, yelling, name calling, etc. We are both extremely jealous and have no communication skills. We love each other but sometimes Love isn't enough to make someone understand that you aren't going to hurt them. How can we help each other overcome these issues?
Idk what to do
My boyfriend and I have been fighting because he found some old messages that I had when we started going out, the messages are not bad the conversations where just like hi and bye kind of thing but because I told him I wasn't talking to anyone he's mad but da whole time he was still hanging out with his baby momma behind my back and he would delete all his messages to her so I wouldn't see them
Lost and confused at a crossroads
My boyfriend and I have been together for seven years now. We have had a very tumultuous relationship both of us have hurt each other very much on each parts. But he’s done a lot more wrong it has no accountability. But my question is how do you handle it because anytime I try to talk to him about anything he automatically yells at me, deflects, accuse me of cheating. How do you go about handling
How can I get my teen to confide in me
I've been trying to get my son to confide in me about why he is feeling so depressed. He is 15 years old and a very good teen but have no idea why he is so withdrawn and quiet. Please help me I cant bear to see him like this
What do I do?
I'm not sure what to do. Recently separated mom with 2 young girls and pregnant with my 3rd.
I took my son's Ipad away because I'm at my wit's end with him.
He is so addicted and doesn’t want to do anything else. Can anyone tell me whether I did the right thing or am I being too harsh?
It's 3 y I divorced and we have shared custody of 2 lovely kids. Any advice on how to make them understand that divorced parents is ok?
What should I do?
My son is acting out in school and giving people the middle finger and running around and hitting when he is restrained and he also has speech apraxia and may have ADHD
Professionals, who served and serving Industry that we call “Heavy Engineering or Heavy Machinery or Heavy Process Equipment Manufacturing/Fabrication Industry” that exists in India or World-over, know it very well that the whole manufacturing industry will become uncompetitive, if we do not constantly upgrade in all areas of our working / operations. Never the less, the time has come when professionals related to other Industries have started to teach us the methodologies for survival even within our specialized field. This is clear evidence that most of the “Management Consulting Companies” (who themselves are fighting each other for their own survival world over) are trying to prove that highly techno-commercial professionals like us need guidance.
The success of heavy engineering industry lie in deep understanding from the below mentioned important factors–
1. Every “heavy engineering manufacturing unit” in India or worldwide finds its survival from the unique combinations of experiences and skills that it acquires year after years of its operations, its management, its employees, work culture and combinations of many other factors. Therefore, it is difficult to conclude that one set of rules and guidelines can work with all of them to grab huge success for their survival and future business growth. It has been well understood that for any heavy engineering units or EPC companies, strong teamwork in the following areas are basically essential:-
- Design & engineering back up either direct or close tie-up
- Procurement & Subcontracting with efficient system for vendor development and subcontracting
- Manufacturing or construction excellence with built-in system for strong QA/QC controls
- Projects & Planning to meet customer’s expectations for timely delivery.
- Strong mechanism to evaluate self performance, customer handling and satisfaction.
2. As the business involves long lead capital items it is a capital intensive and therefore requires proper risks evaluation & risks mitigation prior to entering into each and every contract.
3. It is relevant here to point out that despite having the above mentioned excellent manufacturing & construction set up, the business can have success only through extremely good marketing and Sales teams for capturing right opportunities for business acquisition at a given time. It is also crucial for any heavy engineering or EPC unit to decide its product/projects mix based on its capabilities:-
- Products/projects still in production/execution but are not profitable.
- Regular Products well accepted in the market and are reasonably profitable for current survival.
- Diversification and future products/projects that must be developed with least investment in infrastructure, good future market and highly profitable in longer run.
4. Most heavy engineering, machinery manufacturing, Equipment fabrication and EPC companies that do not have proper costing/estimation and cost review/cost control system, continue booking loss making orders and loosing profitable business. This ultimately leads to closure of these units. Many examples exist in India and world over even with companies which were technically very strong.
5. Further, the entire marketing activities need to have the necessary framework to cover the following important and crucial areas:-
- Product Mix based on the above considerations of market, opportunity and profitability
- End customers, PMC/EPC and Licensor Approvals
- Projects in oil & gas, Fertilizers & Chemical, Power & Nuclear, Steel, Cement, Mining & other sectors
- Technical tie-ups with reputed international manufacturers for high end equipment.
- Geographies to cover in India and Internationally
- Competitors tracking and monitoring
6. I am fully convinced that Indian companies have all the required capabilities in terms of technically competent, well trained & cheap manpower. However, Government support in infrastructure, necessary ease of doing business norms, low cost capital investment through Indian entrepreneurs, FDI and clear interest by top business houses can make India a “Super Power” in “Heavy Engineering Manufacturing Industry”.
E – email@example.com
M - +91 7767 80 8854